If you want to have your voice heard in the on-line world and stand out from the crowd without blending in with all of the on-line noise, you’ll need to have a good content strategy. Creating a content strategy can be thoroughly confusing, but once you learn to grasp every aspect of its process, you can then begin to execute your content strategy successfully. Your first focus should be on creating content that will resonate with your readers and content that matters.
Follow These 8 Steps for the Creation of a Successful Content Strategy:
- Consider Your Objectives and Targets: Before creating content, you’ll want to take into consideration your target audience and the goals that you’d like to reach with your content strategy. You’ll also want to understand your buyers. It’s important to research and learn everything that you can about them; the things that interest them and influence their purchases.
- Set Conversion Goals: After you have chosen your targets and carefully done your research on them, you’ll want to set goals as far as the goals and results that you would like to see and accomplish when all is said and done with your content strategy. What result would you like to see after your target has absorbed your content? Is your goal to achieve more page views, more sales, etc.? Setting conversion goals will allow you to track and measure content performance.
- Choose a Clear Content Format: Content formats can include one or all of the following: white papers, blog posts, videos, e-books, webinars, slide shows and infographics. If you decide to start out with one format type, you can easily repurpose that format into an additional format type later.
- Choose a Unified Content Structure: Maintaining a consistent article structure and style allows your audience to easily navigate your content because they know what to expect. Constantly changing the style of your content can add confusion to users and you may even lose some users in the process. Try to choose a structure and style that suits your business and stick with that style.
- Choosing Contact Methods with Buyers: When creating your content strategy, you’ll want to plan out and arrange appropriate methods of contact with buyers, whether it be via the telephone, e-mail, text messages or tweeting on Twitter. When choosing your preferred methods of contact, again, you’ll want to consider the buyer.
- Avoid Content Stuffing: Content stuffing turns users off, so you’ll definitely want to avoid that. Choose your keywords carefully and insert them into your content so that they flow naturally with the content itself.
- Document Your Strategy: Now that you have your content strategy, you’ll want to document it and create a strategic documented plan. One way to do this is by creating a sort of matrix design plan of your entire content strategy plan.
- Consider this Potential Problem: The last thing you’ll want to do with your content strategy is something that many B2B marketers deal with on a daily basis. You’ll want to ensure that you’re able to keep up with regular and timely content production.
Follow these 8 tips for a successful content strategy and you’re bound to capture the attention of more readers, while also increasing profits from buyers. And now that you have your content strategy, don’t forget to document that strategy. Documenting your strategy is just as important as the strategy itself.